So, the charts for video game sales during the week ending on the 28th of July has been detailed and released. There appears to be a big shift in the arrangement of the top ten titles, with Fifa 12 returning into the top ten after being 12th last week. As expected, the charts are comprised mostly of sport and superhero titles which reflect the Olympics and current trend in Hollywood movies. Full list after the jump.
1. London 2012: The Official Video Game (2)
2. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (1)
3. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (8)
4. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (3)
5. Batman: Arkham City (7)
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
7. The Amazing Spider-man (4)
8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (10)
9. FIFA ’12 (12)
10. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (6)
11. Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
12. Max Payne 3 (9)
13. Mario Kart 7
14. Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (13)
15. Dead Island GOTY Edition (11)
16. Battlefield 3
17. Pokémon Conquest
18. Call of Duty: Black Ops (17)
19. WWE ’12
20. Super Mario 3D Land
The number in the brackets serves as to display the previous ranking from last week and the colours signify whether they have moved up or down.
I can’t say I’m too surprised by these rankings. Superheroes have been particularly big lately, and the UK has always loved its Fifa and Call of Duty. Is there anything here you didn’t expect?